Snapshot Cal Coast is a California statewide effort to document our coastal biodiversity and hold a series of bioblitzes up and down the California Coast. This year's event will take place June 13-20, 2018, focusing on intertidal zones in marine protected areas (MPAs). Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods will be working together with the MPA Collaborative Network and other partners to create a "snapshot" in time of where species are located along our coast.
Join us and take a trip to the outer Bodega Bay on Dick Ogg’s boat to view ocean life!
When: Monday, June 18, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Please plan plenty of time to get there and arrive at the boat no later than 8:30 AM. The boat will launch promptly at 9:00 AM so there will be enough time to explore before the wind picks up. The boat will not wait for latecomers.
Where: Dick’s boat Karen Jeanne is on B dock at Spud Point Marina, 1818 Westshore Rd, Bodega Bay, CA 94923. Look for slip B9 – it will be the 5th slip on the left when you enter the gate.
Cost: $30 per person or $24 for Stewards members. Register online or call (707) 869-9177. Space is limited to 25 spots. There will be no refunds, however you may transfer your reservation to someone else if you are unable to make it.
What to Bring:
- Dress in layers
- Wear shoes appropriate for boating
- Sunscreen and a hat
- PFD/life jacket (please let us know if you are bringing one, so that we may estimate how many to provide)
- Snacks and plenty of water
- Sea sick remedy if needed (ginger works well)
- iNaturalist downloaded on your smartphone (optional)
iNaturalist: Stewards' staff Kat and Michele will be able to show you how to use iNaturalist if you choose to list and take photos of marine life and seabirds that you see on the trip. There will be a project set up specifically for this event that they will share with you on the day of.
Photo Release: Signing a photo release gives Cal Academy and Stewards the rights to use any photos or video taken of you during the trip. Please bring a signed copy if one has been provided to you. Extras will be provided on the day of the event.
Day of Event Contacts:
- Kat Rawhouser, (209) 814-0512 or email@example.com
- Michele Luna,(707) 696-0656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to reception, it may be best to text rather than call (but please try both, especially if you need to cancel last minute)