Upcoming Events & Programs
Wildland Fire Update (10/27/20):
Both Armstrong Redwoods SNR and Austin Creek SRA will be closed until sometime in 2021. We hope parts of Armstrong might be opened to docent guided fire walks in late spring but this timeframe is not confirmed. Please sign up to receive our enewsletter (at the top of webpage) to learn how you can volunteer for restoration activities in the months ahead.
Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve started burning on the forest floor on the afternoon of 8/24/20. The fire slowly burned through
the grove and did not affect structures or iconic trees. State Parks, CalFire, and local firefighters worked together to make the best possible
decisions with respect to managing the fire for the park and the local community.
We thank them for their expertise and dedication.
The following chart shows the acreage burned in our parks in both the Walbridge and Meyers Fires.
A SPECIAL FUND HAS BEEN SET UP FOR FIRE RECOVERY DONATIONS
While fires help forests to Renew • Revive • Regenerate,
Stewards needs YOUR HELP to welcome you back safely into your STATE PARKS!
Thank you so very much for your support!
Please also see:
CA State Parks for the information about park closures with respect to fires and Covid-19:
Annual Fundraising Events
- Family Day in Your Park - June 20, 2020 - Cancelled
- Sunset Dinner in Austin Creek - July 18, 2020 - Cancelled - Look for our online Auction
- Old Grove Festival - September 12, 2020 - Cancelled
Community Education Programs & Volunteer Trainings
Stewards proudly partners with archaeologists, biologists, botanists, geologists, historians, and naturalists, as well as other skilled educators and State Parks personnel, to offer a wide spectrum of hikes, seminars and presentations throughout the year.
- Some events require a registration fee. These fees cover the cost of our speakers' time and materials needed,
as well as provide funding for free environmental education programs for school children. (Note: Stewards does not turn
anyone away for inability to pay. For more info, email us.)
- Most events require registration to secure your place.
To register for an event, click on the listings below or call our office at (707) 869-9177.
- Want to see what's coming up? Download a free copy of our 2020 Community Education Programs & Volunteer Trainings Brochure.